fredag den 17. juni 2011

A day in my shoes..









This is how a day easily could look:

Morning. Raw milk, frozen fruit, oats, syrup.
Before noon. 1 carrot.
                                                   













Around noon. Crispbread with cheese and jam.




                                            
Afternoon. A glass of raw milk, and some watermelon.




                                                                                                         

Dinner. Lamb with potatoes, beans, onions, butter and a little ketchup.







                          

A little later..Dessert. Watermelon, orange juice with gelatin.












                                                                      

Evening snack. Crispbread with cheese, jam and a glass of orange juice.


What I have noticed in the last couple of weeks, is that I haven't smelled that ammonia smell, I sometimes smell when sniffing in hard, after something as simple as walking. From my research, ammonia is a byproduct of protein and you get the ammonia smell when your body doesn't have sufficient carbohydrates to use for energy, instead it is forced to break down muscle tissue for energy. Small note: I DON'T EAT LOW CARB?! Eating high starch didn't help one bit on the ammonia smell but sugar seems to have cured the problem. I will say that I have only noticed it recently. It didn't happen over night (maybe I wasn't eating enough sugar in the beginning) I've actually battled with this ammonia smell for many years now, always smelled it after doing a session of hard cardio (more understandable when I WAS actually low carb, back then) in the gym, but later on it happened even after a walk.

The other night I woke up around 2-3 am felling a bit uncomfortable, I had some pain in my lower abdomen area. I got up because I felt like standing up. went to the toilet to pee. Afterwords I sat down on a chair. The pain got worse, now moving to my belly and all the way to my solar plexus. I quickly went back to bed because I was afraid if I didn't go now, I wouldn't be able to move later. In bed, it got way worse, I started getting cold sweat. The pain was excruciating. It constantly moved from lower abdomen to solar plexus area. Suddenly I felt like vomiting! If it isn't because I hate vomiting with a passion, I would have barfed! I was shaking like crazy. I fell down on the floor in a praying position -not because I believe in God but because it was the only position that felt somewhat comfortable! After about 30mins of hell, the pain subsided and I felt totally exhausted, like I had run a marathon! Next day I was feeling kinda blah, all day. My stomach was a little uneasy.
I went to the chiropractor because my back has felt locked and my mom who has been giving me massages, have noticed that my whole ribcage is twisted. I wanted to know if that could have caused my pain that night too. My chiropractor looked at my back and said it was crocked  and that my lower back had no movement what so ever. She said it most definitely could cause problems that spiraled out through my chest, solar plexus but she told me that the symptoms I had that night, more resembled  kidney stones. Never thought of that. I've actually had these "attacks" before. Something aint right, that's for sure.

4 kommentarer:

  1. Uh oh, do you think it was from following a Peatish diet?

    SvarSlet
  2. ya this doesn't sound good Sheila, hope all is well!

    Rosenfeltc, noticing that my thrush has greatly diminished, by adding more juice (orange, mango, grape, apple, etc), and fruit along with lots of taters and rice. I have been keeping fat intake really low. See where this goes, as my acne is getting worse.

    SvarSlet
  3. Rosenfeltc-

    My stomach pains? Most definitely not. Like I said, I've had these pains before. I've actually had them since I was a teenager but they were more like a cramp and located in my solar plexus area (they could very well have been related to my back)and they never happened at night. First time I had this kind of pain, was about a year ago (way before I started eating differently) This also happened at night and felt like the one I had a few days ago. Some nurses have told me that kidney stones ALWAYS happens between midnight and 3 am.

    SvarSlet
  4. UnderT-

    Thanks for the msg. I know.. It didn't feel right at all.

    So thrush has diminished? Try to stick it out, I know acne is a pain in the ass -you know I went through my own little hell, and was on the verge of giving up on quite a few occasions, but I made it in the end. I warn you, it's going to get worse before it gets better.

    SvarSlet