søndag den 5. december 2010

Uric acid poisoning ?!

Winter is definitely here now. Snow, snow and more snow. I love winter! :-)
So how are things going? Pretty much the same. Temperatures are still really unstable. I ran out of my unrefined virgin coconut oil and have been using Palmin in my oatmeal,in the morning, which I normally only use for cooking. I got some new stash yesterday though. I have had a sneaking suspicion that Palmin doesn't get my temperatures up like my unrefined coconut oil does but I can not be certain. Normally my fingers get warm briefly from eating unrefined coconut oil in my oats, in the morning, but the past couple of weeks where I have been using Palmin instead, they have been icy. Hmmm.. I will take further notice of this, if it hold any water.
I still feel like I am gaining. Clothes continue to feel tighter and tighter. The past weeks I have been waking up to carbo face (water retention) Kinda feels like this problem is getting worse, which again leads me back to my last blog post about my kidneys. I found some knew info about that on Lisa's blog. She is reading a book about uric acid poisoning and how it relates to a lot of her problems. To my surprise, mine too! Well one of the many doctors I've been to, did actually say that I was very acidic and my kidneys had a hard time getting rid of the acid. He put me on a vegan diet AND and at least 4 l of water every day. That's a hell of a lot of water for a girl who is NEVER thirsty! The first error about this diet was it was too low in calories and crushed my already damaged metabolism even more. Second error was all the water consumption, it was too much for my system, especially when I'm never thirsty.
I am considering ordering this book by Alexander Haig: "Uric Acid as a factor in the causation of disease." but I have to admit, it scares me that the original book is almost 1000 pages long :-/
In short Dr. Haig recommends going vegetarian to clean out acidic poisoning. Eating a more alkaline diet will get rid of the uric acid. He also points out that uric acid poisoning is bad for the heat distribution and overall metabolism, which might explain why I still have trouble with my temperature/metabolism and my cold hands and feet.
The next few weeks I will focus on a more alkaline diet and take notice of any possible improvements.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar