torsdag den 23. september 2010

Feeling like a big lump of meat!

There is no better way to describe it. I feel heavy, watery (yes, that's a word!) tired -very tired, sore muscles and the list goes on.
I was reading on Scott Abels site today and came across an article about sodium. I have been looking for an explanation to WHY my sodium come up high, on my lab result, when I carefully avoid it at all cost?! Well... dohhh.. That's exactly why! Because I avoid it, my body holds on to it! And with sodium comes water. Water retention. Makes sense! Of course there is a lot more details, I can't be bothered going into right here but it can all be found on his website.  Anyways, my new mission is to start letting sodium back into my life (welcome sumo-wrestler) and gradually making my body believe, it doesn't need to hold on to all that sodium, because it will get enough, every day. Hopefully that will result in a decrease in water retention and maybe even get my blood pressure up! The adapting phase is NOT going to be fun though..

Update on my progress with Vitamin A. I am taking 5000 IU and have been on it for a few days. Already seeing progress with my skin. Just not sure it it's positive. It's helping clearing up my skin but it's also making it extremely dry. The weird thing with me, is that i have always had dryish skin, even though I had break-outs. Sometimes I had this whitish dust on my body if I didn't use lotion. I think 5000 IU might be a little too much for me. Maybe I will take it every other day. I am also taking Zinc but I don't think that has had any effect yet, as I have taken Zinc before, with no change in my skin.

I have actually contacted Ray Peat. I wrote him an email yesterday. Even though he says on his website, he doesn't answer questions too personal, I took the chance anyway and wrote him about my health issues. He replied straight away! He wanted a bit more info about me. I can't wait to hear his end result!

4 kommentarer:

  1. I eat sea salt with everything! and lots of it, plus I keep 3 or 4 different kinds and use the them all randomly. make sure you use sea salt and not plain salt (sodium).

    Curious to hear what Ray says!

    SvarSlet
  2. Yeah, definitely sea salt! I am slowly introducing them to my diet. I just have to live with the water retention, for now :-/

    Peat and I are still corresponding. I will post his email(s) when he writes the final word ;-)

    SvarSlet
  3. Hi Sheila,
    Calcium in conjunction with sodium causes the edema and water retention. Take some magnesium or use some magnesium salts while taking a bath. A third option is to soak your feet in warm water with magnesium sulfate aka Epsom salt. magnesium chloride is better option I have heard but it hard to find.
    Regards,
    Violeta

    SvarSlet
  4. Hi Violeta.
    I didn't know that. I just think that my body has to balance itself out, after years with sodium restriction. I bet it has caused a lot of my symptoms, such as dizziness, low blood pressure and so on. Have you read Scott Abels article on sodium? It's quite interesting.
    Btw, do you know anything about breast tenderness? Mine is extremely sore and yesterday I could actually squeeze a yellow substance out, mostly from my right breast -sorry for the graphic explanation -boys, skip this reading ;-P Do you know what could be causing it?

    SvarSlet